The open-source WordPress software is the core application framework for WooCommerce and therefore all of Qala.
WordPress remains clearly apparent within Qala and anyone familiar with WordPress will immediately recognise it within a Qala site. Qala modifies and extends WordPress in various ways but always uses the WordPress ways of doing things from a CMS user perspective in order to make onboarding and usage intuitive.
WordPress powers ~40% of the world’s websites and is by an order of magnitude the most popular Content Management System (CMS). Some specific benefits of this include:
- Familiarity – people are far more likely to have used WordPress before than any other CMS, leading to lower onboarding and training costs and more effective use.
- Developer ecosystem – WordPress is maintained by a core team of global developers who are continually improving the software in many ways.
- Development and integration velocity – as such a dominant platform, WordPress’ ecosystem is rich and vibrant with new projects, standards and ideas becoming easily accessible for WordPress site owners at a breakneck pace.
- Quod Erat Demonstrandum – the very fact of its dominance demonstrates a number of qualities around flexibility, proven quality, stability and comparison with other options.
- Qala infrastructure or
- An Operating System (OS)
- A web server (e.g. Apache/NGINX)
- MySQL-compatible database